You marathon runners may not be impressed, but this November brought a great personal victory for me when I was able to run the 5K (less than a year after birthing Isabella) AND shave 10 minutes off my time from the last one I ran 4 years ago! One of my desires was to hit my 40th birthday in better physical condition than I've ever been and this is how I marked that goal. The bonus was the influence that this has had on Joel. He has seen me working toward this and wanted to run, too. So, we put him in the "Kid K" (1/2 K). He did great, but informed me that it was too easy and wants to do mommy's "big run" next time. So we're in training together. I'll be in his dust soon.
Monday, November 3, 2008
5k Run!
You marathon runners may not be impressed, but this November brought a great personal victory for me when I was able to run the 5K (less than a year after birthing Isabella) AND shave 10 minutes off my time from the last one I ran 4 years ago! One of my desires was to hit my 40th birthday in better physical condition than I've ever been and this is how I marked that goal. The bonus was the influence that this has had on Joel. He has seen me working toward this and wanted to run, too. So, we put him in the "Kid K" (1/2 K). He did great, but informed me that it was too easy and wants to do mommy's "big run" next time. So we're in training together. I'll be in his dust soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment